Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
In today’s assignment we will categorize a given font into one of the four major classifications of type.
- I can identify which of the four major categories of typefaces a given font belongs to.
- Sans Serif
- Serif Fonts
- Sans Serif Fonts
- Script Fonts
- Ornamental/Decorative/Display Fonts
- Connect to the class file server, and download the .pdf document entitled 7 – Font Identification 2014-15.pdf from the Student Pickup Folder.
- Place this document into a new InDesign document on Layer 1, and lock this layer.
- Create a new Layer (Layer 2) and answer the questions on this layer.
- For each of the list of 20 fonts provided, look at the font and identify it in the blank on the right. They will all go into one of the four font categories we have studied in class: Serif, Sans Serif, Script or Ornamental/Display.
- Turn in the document to the appropriate Student Drop Folder on the class file server when complete.
Assigned: September 24th, 2014
Due Date: September 24th, 2014